Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween In Montevideo

Since my arrival last Saturday the weather has been absolutely beautiful. Sunny sky's warm weather to great me each new day. But as in all things nothing last for ever. Today I woke up to grey sky's with ominous clouds and rain. So I took my time getting going and as the day continued on the sun worked its way out a little here and there so I decided that I would get out and go for a walk and take some pictures.

I headed for the Rambula once again as I wanted to get a shot of the restaurant that I had dinner at last night. Along the way i passed the Castle ..


Just a block away I was able to get a shot of the restaurant.

To the left here you can see Ches Chief's. But with the wind in the rain I chose to head the other direction and walk through the local neighborhood up to a little park we had walked pass the previous day.




I also took a little video clip of the break water that Pierre and I walked out on last Sunday.



Don't think I will go out there today. Bet i would get quite wet let alone it might just be a bit on the dangerous side.







To the right here is the park that i was headed for.





Even here you should be picking up after your best friends. This is one of the signs to remind you to pick up not that any actually take care of such things.







Here is a shot of the Horse building. It is one of the well know land marks for the Pocito's neighborhood. The Horse building is commonly used for a starting point or directions. I am going to go back and get a better shot of this building as it is quite a piece of art work.







One of the common sights here in Montevideo are these horse dawn carts that the locals use to make a living by going through the trash bins. They collect the Plastic, card board and bottles that every one throws out and then sell them for recycling by the kilo.

No comments: